My philosophy is simple, design and deliver meaningful ways of communicating so that clients and communities connect.
Good stories provoke thought and inspire action. It’s an honour to help organizations – and their people – tell their stories.
It doesn’t matter if I’m managing a web project, writing marketing collateral or leading training seminars to help people better tell their own stories. My commitment is this:
- Understand the audience’s needs
- Understand the storyteller’s deeds
- Find effective ways to shapes and share stories that connect people
My colourful career has spanned documentary filmmaking, fundraising, managing communications and digital teams, and independent freelance writing. I bring strategies and key learnings from each of those experiences to:
- Leading web content strategy
- Project managing website development and migration projects
- Managing and collaborating with in-house and off-site communications teams
- Mentoring/teaching new professionals and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Writing: web content, proposals, reports, articles, grants, presentations, and campaign tools for marketing, outreach, fundraising and political campaigns
Success is getting my community (read clients if you like), and their community, off the page and into dialogue. And (and this is a big “And” in my world) where ever possible, nurturing the creativity and capacity of the people I work with.