Jim Beaubien and Karen Caesar begin each relationship with one question. “How can we add value?”
They are organizational thought leaders. Professors in the MBA program and the Executive Education Program at the University of Alberta, they also consult on organizational change management and strategic growth for companies across North America.
They hired me to project lead a new web site and brand refresh for their consultancy Hope Learning.
Through brand discovery we co-created the following goals for their new site. They are great goals and I’m pleased to say post-roll out that my team delivered on all six.
Web Site Goals:
1. Support our relationships, results and reputation: word of mouth marketing strategy
2. Provide full and credible information so that potential clients can assess our ‘goodness of fit’
for their organization, project or engagement
3. Differentiate and ground our value proposition in positive psychology and stay current with the academic
4. Act as a tool for maintaining relationships with folks who have attended our sessions or used
5. Provide a vehicle for writing and publishing
6. Provide a potential vehicle for revenue generation through product sales
To deliver the brand refresh and website, I pulled together a small team, a developer, two graphic designers and a photographer. I took on client and project management, art direction, and writing. We completed the project in 2014 and handed site maintenance over to Jim’s team.